Don't ask God to make your life easier, ask Him to make you a stronger person.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Like I need to start another project . . . . .

I really need to start showing some finishes again!  I seem to be showing a lot of starts lately.  Or maybe I am starting a lot and not showing you.  It's all becoming a fog......

I wanted to make a small quilt to put on the wall in our newly remodeled bathroom.  At first I was going to make one larger wall hanging.  Actually two, The "Let it Snow" quilt during the holidays and the piece I was going to make from the mistakes from the "Let It Snow" that is at the bottom of the same post.  It was going to take up the entire area.  I think I want a couple of different things on the wall like I did when we remodeled the kids bath.

So I picked one of Cheri's free quilt patterns.  WHAT .... you didn't know that Cheri had free quilt patterns on her website?  They are not in *.pdf form and they are not every month.  They are once in a while in a post.

I picked the one from August.
It's really tiny.  Only 11" x 16".

I spent a little bit of time in-between the dye pots today picking out some fabric.


Did I mention how much nicer it is having the stash back in the house?

Here is my final scrappy pile selection.



It's almost a little crazy.  From each of the fabrics that are NOT green or creme, I need a piece 1-1/2" x 4".  I'll probably spend more time putting these back in the right container that I will cutting and sewing them.

It's supposed to rain here all day on Monday.  Lord knows we need it.  I may have to play hooky from working at least part of the day to work on this quilt.

Blessings, Cathi

6 comments:

Karen said...

Like you, I am crazy to start another project with so many not finished. But life is too short to worry about that.

I do know that Cheri gives a free pattern every so often but I have not saved any of the ideas as of yet. Your little piece looks good. It is a shame to have to drag out so much fabric for such little pieces but fun to play with forgotten friends.

Joanna said...

I will visit Cheri's blog later, but I do like the pattern you used, and the colors. I like starting new projects and finishing projects, but sometimes the middle part is not as much fun.

Me and My Stitches said...

Can't wait to see it when you get it finished - love the pile of fabrics you chose!

Libby said...

Love Cheri's little freebies! I want to make up a couple myself.
Hope you get your rain *S*

Sharon said...

Glad to see someone else has the same issue...I'm great at "Starting"...love to pick out the fabrics, pure bliss! Enjoy the process and don't worry about the rest!

Colleen said...

Your little quilt is going to be wonderful...love that pile of colors. It's fun to just dig through your stash of colors but I agree about the cutting taking less time than the reorganization! LOL!
I hope to make some mini quilts for my bath also...big empty wall in there!