Don't ask God to make your life easier, ask Him to make you a stronger person.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Barn quilts . . . . .

It took me a few days to recover from the busy, busy weekend in West Jefferson.  It was a lovely show and definitely worth my time going.
Dear Hubby met me up there on Saturday afternoon after his Friday night football game.  While tooling around Ashe County in the mountains of North Carolina, we found several barn quilts.




The last one was from a moving car!  I'm surprised I got the shot ........

Sorry I haven't been around to read blogs - or comment - . I didn't have wifi at the show and was busy at night.  By the time I got to the internet on Monday, I was overwhelmed by the amount of blogging that went on while I was gone!  You have all been a busy bunch.  Guess I just need to move forward from here!!

Blessings, Cathi

7 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Beautiful!! Wish I was somewhere where I could see barn quilts. I've never had the fortune to see any. Hugs

Colleen said...

Fantastic shots of the barn quilts. I have only seen one in the Ohio Amish countryside. Glad you had a good trip.

Cat Haven Craft House said...

I'm seeing more and more of these out here in Iowa and Wisconsin. They are so prim. They make the countryside look so homey and friendly.

Lynn said...

Wouldn't it be fun to make a quilt with all the barn quilts you've seen. I might have seen this somewhere, or maybe it's just my imagination working overtime.

Wendy said...

Fantastic looking barns with the quilt blocks on them. Love it!

sunny said...

When I was in Marion, NC, not far from Asheville a couple of weeks ago, we saw quilt notifs all around town. THey're really becoming popular. Don't you just love seeing them?

Carrie P. said...

It is fun to look for the barn blocks. We have lady coming to the guild to speak on the barn block trail somewhere in the mountains. Should be a fun program.