Don't ask God to make your life easier, ask Him to make you a stronger person.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Just love the Cheri minis . . . . .

I finished up the Cheri mini that I pieced a few weeks ago.



Not only was it quick and easy to piece, but the quilting and binding went just as quickly.


It took longer to figure out what quilt pattern to use than it did to actually quilt it.


At only 11" x 16" even the binding went quickly.  The binding was from the scraps left over from piecing the top.  I had to put more seams in the binding than usual and only had a 2-1/4" x 4" piece left but it was enough.

Like I said before, these minis are the way to go.  Such a feeling of accomplishment to have something else in the finish column instead of all those large tops sitting in plastic bins!


Blessings, Cathi

16 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This is very pretty - great little fall mini.

Anonymous said...

Oh you know I'm loving this one!!!!

Diane H said...

Very very cute. I've been saving up mini patterns to give them a try, really love them.

sunny said...

Very cute! I like the quilting you chose.

Libby said...

They are fun. They are addicting. They look SO cute all over the house *S*

Colleen said...

Very nice. I like getting things done and mini's are great for that.

Betty Lou said...

Very cute mini, so many uses for a little quilt. Love the green.

antique quilter said...

I LOVE this very cute, great fabric choices!
Kathie

Lynn said...

I love it! Looks like a perfect little quilt for fall.
Mini's do give a real sense of accomplishment. I'm trying to work on my pile of quilt tops, I started with a large one and then will do a small one. Let's hope that's a good plan.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

I love the minies too! Love the fabrics and colors you used....and I agree with you regarding accomplishment!!

Carolyn :)

paulette said...

I love Cheri's minis too!! Very sweet...perfect in fact!! Nothing like a finish!!
Take care!
Paulette

Wendy said...

That is so cute, I love the green you used. Great job!

tami said...

I love it. I'm a big fan of the mini's too.

Brandie said...

Oh that green! Fabulous finish!

Carrie P. said...

Love it.
Sometimes it takes me a long time to figure out the quilting too. It can be frustrating but you did a great pattern that compliments the blocks.

Gettysburg Homestead said...

LOVE the colors!!! What a great size too!!!