Don't ask God to make your life easier, ask Him to make you a stronger person.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Christmas Quilt Along - Part 3 . . . . .

I stayed up late last night finishing the borders.  It took me FOREVER!  I added three borders instead of the two Sue's directions called for.  And I don't have a very large area to lay out a quilt so it takes a little longer.  (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)  I wasn't alone, though.  I had Clark W. Griswold and family along for company!


I'm still not finished.  I want to add some applique to bring that dusty, sage green to the center of the quilt and maybe some of the border fabric.  The fabrics all blended beautifully laying in the pile but the border fabric is just throwing everything out of balance.  Maybe a good tea bath when it is all finished.  I'm certainly not taking it out and doing it again!  I have enough dark red fabric left for the binding and that will help.

Hope you all enjoyed making this quilt.  Sue and I haven't discussed it yet but maybe a parade of "Scatty Stars" is in our future soon.  We only have 2 more Christmas Quilt Alongs left.  Don't think because the quilt top is finished that we are finished.  Sue and I may have a few more surprises up our sleeves in the next two months!

Blessings, Cathi

7 comments:

Sand and Sunshine said...

Such rich colors. Your stars really glow. I think the green was an excellent choice it really makes everything pop.

Joanna said...

Your borders make the blocks look so different - I love it. Only 2 more months? Already? That means Christmas is nearer than we think!

QuiltSue said...

I think you're right, the outer border is not quite right, but a bath in cold tea (well Cleopatra used to bath in milk, so why not) will work wonders for it. As for your other comments, well evil grins and laughter seem to be called for here!

Karen said...

I love Clark!

Scrappy quilter said...

I love it. I finished my top too and will show it on Tues. After seeing how brilliant it was to cut it to the size, I loved it. I love how it turned out and plan on working on the second one (all made with Christmas material) this coming week. Thanks to you both for doing this. Can't wait now to see what the other two months bring. Hugs

Hazel said...

That looks fab, Cathi - and the idea of a parade of all the quilts is a brilliant idea!

Carrie P. said...

Looks great. I really like the final outside border.