Don't ask God to make your life easier, ask Him to make you a stronger person.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

On the road again . . . . .

I am finally back on the road this weekend after a 2 month hiatus.  The time has flown by since I feel like I spent most of my time in the dye pot (and trying to stay cool).  But cooler weather is ahead.  and even if not, it will be where I am headed. . . . .  West Jefferson, North Carolina.


Located in the midst of the Blue Ridge Mountains, it's beautiful, serene, picturesque and any other superlative you can think of.  The Ashe County Piecemakers Quilt Guild is having their quilt show this weekend.

I hope I get to meet Linda May from BlueRidge Boomer.  She is supposed to be there.

I'll try to post from the road.  Sorry I haven't commented on blogs this week.  I have been doing a quick peek and reading some but I was trying to stay off the computer as much as possible so I would stay on task.  Some days I think I have adult ADD.  See, I'm going off track already.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings, Cathi

7 comments:

Barb said...

be safe and have fun!!

Karen said...

I have been to West Jefferson more than once. Wish I were going to the mountains with you.

Lynn said...

lucky you, that's a beautiful area.

Colleen said...

Have a marvelous time!

Carrie P. said...

OH, Christmas trees!
Have fun.

Libby said...

Western NC is just gorgeous and surely deserves the superlatives. Hope you have a great trip and an even greater show!

Sandy said...

It was nice to meet you Cathi...Your fabrics are wonderful...
I will keep lurking...
Thanks
Sandy from High Point