Don't ask God to make your life easier, ask Him to make you a stronger person.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Surprise, Surprise . . . . .

Remember Karen's little post the other day about her Four Finishes?   Well, the little mini angels from Sandy Gervais' pattern that was a gift for an un-named friend was mine!

What a wonderful treat after such a busy week! I tried several different ways of photographing the quilt but I just couldn't do it justice.


Even the back is adorable.  Christmas fabrics!  And with a hanging sleeve no less!


I even tried to take a picture of it with Nelson.  I don't know how Carol gets Buster and Betty to sit still with a quilt and look at a camera.  Nelson will sit but he is constantly moving his head around.  We would HATE for him to miss something!


I think it may be time for a new camera.  Mine is about 7 years old.  Never had a lick of trouble but it doesn't seem to be focusing as well as it used to.  Guess it's "eyes" are getting bad like the rest of us!

I even tried to get a close-up of her hand quilting.  It's wonderful!  My camera used to take nice clear picture of up close shots.  I know how to do the settings but it still isn't working.


Here is the picture I stole from Karen's blog.  She isn't home at the moment to ask permission so I hope she doesn't mind.


Regardless of my camera issues, it is a warm and sweet gesture from someone I consider a very good friend.  We have never met in person but someday I hope to.  Thank you so much, Karen.  Now to start the hunt for the perfect spot during the holidays!

Blessings, Cathi

11 comments:

paulette said...

What a great friend!! It is adorable and look at all the quilting!! I love it! It is going to be a lovely keepsake of your blogging buddy!! VERY thoughtful and well deserving!
P

Joanna said...

It looks precious. Love the angel design - really sweet. And so is Nelson:)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a precious little piece!

Anonymous said...

Isn't Karen wonderful? She is the best! The angel is adorable :o)

Love the doggie in your photo. Aren't they just like a wiggly 2 year old?

Colleen said...

Loving it! Lucky you to have it.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful surprise... I was just today going through Karen's blog so recognized this right away. It is darling!. ...Karen

QuiltSue said...

Your little angel is just gorgeous. Now you'll have someone to watch over you when you're working on Christmas things!

Me and My Stitches said...

So cute - the quilting looks wonderful.

Taryn said...

What a dear little quilt! Are you the lucky friend. Nelson looks like he is guarding the quilt. I can't blame him.

Karen said...

I just tried to leave a comment and does not look like I was successful so will try again.
I am glad you like your little surprise. What better thing to make you than something with a Christmas theme.

Carrie P. said...

OH, how nice. I remember seeing those on her blog.