Don't ask God to make your life easier, ask Him to make you a stronger person.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Iron (ing) is not a 4-letter word . . . . .

The quilt show that I attended as a vendor this past weekend was over Saturday afternoon.  Sunday, Dear Hubby and I decided to tool around the countryside.  Besides finding all the barn quilts that I showed you in the last post, we found several flea markets that were open.

My best score of the day was this lovely vintage 1940's Knapp-Monarch travel iron in perfect condition.


Look ma, no holes . . . . .


The handle folds flat and the cord unplugs from the iron for easy traveling.  It's also heavier than it looks.  I plugged it in and it works just fine. There is no adjustable heat element.  You just plug it in until it is the "hotness" you want and iron away.  It took no time at all for the temperature to get to the "linen" setting but it seems to be taking forever to cool back down.  And there is no stand so I will have to lay it on it's side when not in use.

But she is as cute as can be.  I don't know if I will actually use her but if I ever need an iron without steam holes, she will be the first one I call!


Blessings, Cathi

6 comments:

Lynn said...

That is cute. You can get one of those silicone pads so it can cool while standing up. No holes, do you think that's from when you would spray your ironing with water or spray starch? I remember my mother misting things before she ironed them with a spray bottle. That's how old I am.

sunny said...

i was going to say "How cool", but that's not appropriate, so...wow - that's hot!! Don't you just love finding fun little things like this?

Barb said...

What a wonderful find...

Carrie P. said...

Another great find. Never seen one before.

Teresa said...

I had a cute antique travel iron that I gave to one of my daughters - don't remember which one. It was my mothers and was heavy as all get out.

Love the quilt barn pictures. We found a couple in Kentucky on this trip, but left my camera at home. Fred got a few pictures for me on his, but who knows when I will get him to download them.

Libby said...

I love a heavy iron. Modern irons are just not that way - so I keep my filled with water whether I want steam or not. It's a great way to add the heft that I enjoy *s*