Don't ask God to make your life easier, ask Him to make you a stronger person.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Christmas Quilt Along - Part 2

After several side trips of dog issues, lunch, etc., I finally have this top finished enough to show.


Close-up of some of the fabrics.


The wider borders shown at the top will have some applique.  At first I thought I would do some raw edge applique but the pieces are rather small so it could be problematic.  I think I will go back and re-cut the applique for needleturn.   This quilt is for another of the Married One's friends who had a baby back in the spring.  The baby didn't need a quilt this summer so I figure I am right on schedule!

Blessings, Cathi

14 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love pinwheels for baby quilts. Very nice

Joanna said...

It turned out great. You were productive today.

Karen said...

I really like this pinwheel quilt. What a wonderful gift.

Vicki ♥ said...

It has turned out lovely and I really like pinwheels :) Hope all is well for you. Hugs Vicki x

Lynn said...

Any time is the right time to receive this quilt as a gift!

Colleen said...

Wow! You were busy today. The quilt is precious.

Carol said...

What a productive day! It's awesome...very lucky baby!

Reenie said...

Those colors are just yummy!! They are just going to LOVE this!!

QuiltSue said...

That is so pretty. What a lucky baby.

Barb said...

You are a fast worker....looks great!

Anonymous said...

Sweet little number!!! So pretty and perfect for a little one.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Lovely, it looks so cozy.

Terry said...

What a beautiful quilt! I just love pinwheels! :0)

Carrie P. said...

sweet. i love pinwheels.