I spent this last week helping out in the church office so the secretary could go on a vacation. While I enjoy volunteering (it is fun to do something different once in a while like writing, printing, folding and stuffing 280 bulletins for Sunday), it makes me realize how much out of the groove I have gotten from working outside of the house.
I did manage to get some quilting done this past week. Note I said done, not finished. They are two different things!
I made the background for Sewing Seeds, another Cheri Payne pattern.
Cheri doesn't give detailed directions on putting things together, which I really like. It gives so much room for change and making it my own. She basically gives dimensions and says "Have fun with it!" I usually change patterns to make them my own anyway.
I decided to use partial paper-piecing to make the flower base blocks.
Here is the first finished block.
So after 14 of those and a few setting blocks you have this.
Next to applique the flowers. Since I sell this pattern in my booth, I will use all wool for the flowers. Hard part of that is I have to use wool that I can recreate so I can cut kits at the same time. If I were doing just one for me, I would have it finished already! (yeah, right!)
I've already picked out the colors, now to just dye them all, cut out my parts and cut kits. No problem!!