Don't ask God to make your life easier, ask Him to make you a stronger person.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Quilts in Wilmington . . . . .

I haven't taken many pictures at the quilt shows I attend but there were several that caught my eye this time.  One of my favorite ones was a beautifully made quilt with loads of detail.  It's an ode to Harry Potter - one of our family's favorite movie/books series.  That's not the official name.  I don't remember the official name but it was a really cool quilt.


If you enlarge the picture, you can see all the blocks the maker added.  She had the crest from the 4 houses .....


Aragog .....


Helga Hufflepuff .....


I don't know if you can tell, but Helga's cameo and bracelet are real.  The lace collar and cuffs are real,  too.  And the feathers in her cap and hand are all done by hand.  This block was hand quilted.  Not all of them were but a few were.  Such detail!!

And of course, there was Harry!


None of these blocks were panels or painted.  They were all created with a LOT of detail stitching.  I could have looked at that quilt for hours.

The maker said she had gotten permission from Warner Brothers Studio before she made it.

Blessings, Cathi

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Wow!! Thanks for showing it, what a fantastic quilt!