I started with something simple like this . . . . this is the book that I write all my dye pots in. I write a lot of my mistakes in here, too!
And I have a book for my business . . . . thoughts, things I need to do, things I want to do . . . . .
I decided I would like to teach this as a class at the Pieceable Retreat at the end of October so I created this one for the class sample back in March.
It turned out cute. I even put some pockets on the inside cover. I had read about every pattern out there for journal covers but there wasn't one individual pattern that I liked. So I decided to make my own. I didn't like how this one went together. The pocket section inside is VERY bulky and I really didn't like the topstitching around the outside edge.
So one last try and I came up with this . . . . . .
And I included a page marker just 'cause it's easier.
It still needs a little tweaking before the class starts in 2 weeks but I am finally happy with how it turned out. After all the renditions . . . . FINALLY.