My sewing room/office is in the dining room - the tiny dining room. Just a small 10' x 10' room with lots of storage lining the walls and the dining room table (leaves taken out) for a work surface. There is no room for an ironing board.
I was using Computer Geek's tabletop ironing board he had in college. But it was in rough shape not to mention that the padding was so thin that the grid marks from underneath were showing up on the pathetic cover.
So before I start cussing at it again, I decided to make a new cover for it.
First, I turned the board upside down onto some heat resistant stuff I found at the local fabric store. After tracing it and cutting it out, I basted it to two layers of batting just for a little stability. Next I trimmed the batting.
Here I pinned the former crappy cover to my new cover fabric and trimmed 1" around. After turning under the edge 1/2" and the 1/2" again to make a pocket, I threaded the cording from the old cover through the pocket.
And here is the new cover! Now I am really ready to go . . . . . .
Back soon with some real progress and maybe a game or two!