Don't ask God to make your life easier, ask Him to make you a stronger person.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Christmas Quilt Along #1 . . . . . .

Welcome to the August edition of the Christmas Quilt Along.  We are glad you could join us.  It's 10:00 here on Friday night but I wanted to be ready for all our participants in earlier time zones.  You know who you are!


Mr. Linky is waiting for you on the 2011 Christmas Quilt Along tab at the top of my blog.  This month you will receive the directions for the 20 (yes, 20) rail fence blocks.  But trust me they are easy to do!


And what shall I work on during the day?

Well, it could be . . . . .

I could finally finish putting these rows together. . . . . .

Or put the borders on this quilt . . . . .

Or quilt this one . . . . .
Or finally put these together . . . .
Or put all my rows together according to Sue's directions . . . . .

Or even start something new!

Whatever it is, I'll keep you posted.  What are you going to do?

Blessings, Cathi

6 comments:

Hazel said...

Good Morning, Cathi! It's 8.30am here in the middle of a sunny UK - and I have a very exciting day lined up!

I'm going to my very first quilt festival - the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham! I've signed up with Mr Linky though, and I'll be back to join in the QAL fun later on!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I would work on a few of those quilts. I always work on more than one each day, it gets them all done quicker (instead of being a UFO) and keeps me from getting bored with them ( and ending up as an UFO). I won't get much sewing done today, But tomorrow I will get tons done, you can watch my progress over on my blog @ 16muddyfeet.blogspot.com

QuiltSue said...

I think we'll be quiet today. As I said on my blog, we're going to be missing 3 or 4 of the usuals from the UK and at least one from the US.

Lynn said...

I'll be able to join in the fun for a few hours this morning. I'll try to get the rail fence blocks done before the grand kids arrive for the day. I love your color selection Cathi!

Sand and Sunshine said...

Wow, you and Sue have so much going on, glad to be here today.

Scrappy quilter said...

I'm joining the fun today. It's 7:15 a.m. here, not my usual time to get up however wanted to be a part of this. I finished all my blocks and started a Christmas one has well. Can't wait to get the instructions today to see how to put it together. Hugs