We had several people get all the right answers but I got someone who lives in this house to pick the winner for me. I won't mention names so no one will hold it against them in the future!
First the real answers
- Christmas cards began as a tradition in what country?
a. United Kingdom - explanation here
- What place is known as the Christmas Pickle capital of the world?
b. Berrien Springs, Michigan - explanation here
- What was the name of the goddess who turned mistletoe from poison to good fortune?
d. Frigga - explanation here
- What does it mean when one says "Wassail!"?
c. Good Health to You! - explanation here
- Santa's use of reindeer originated from tales of ancient Norse mythology and the God Thor, who use to pull his chariot through the sky with what kind of animals?
d. Goats - explanation here
- When and where is the earliest known Christmas tree in recorded history?
d. 16th Century, Germany - explanation here
- A Christmas wreath is symbolic of what?
d. All of the Above - explanation here
- December the 25th is not the birthday of Christ. What time of the year do historians agree that Jesus was born?
b. Spring - explanation here
- The word 'carol' means what?
d. A dance of celebration - explanation here
- How old is the tradition of the Candy Cane?
d. More than 230 years - explanation here
I got the quiz from the website Christmasology. I took the quiz a few years ago but have lost my results since then on one of the many computers I have had in the past. So while there may be arguments for other answers, these are the answers they gave me.
And now for the winner .......
Joanna from Needle, Thread, Happiness
Congratulations, Joanna, and thanks to all that played with us yesterday.