Don't ask God to make your life easier, ask Him to make you a stronger person.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Christmas Quilt-A-Long Update: 9:35 AM EST

Yup, it's Sunday morning here in the States.  I wanted to post one last time last night before I quit but I just didn't get to it.

I was up early this morning to finish the 20 blocks that I started and to put them in rows.


 Didn't I tell you it looked really cool when all laid out?  All from nine-patches.  

I still have 15 more blocks to make which adds three more rows.  Then the borders.  This won't be done today.  Today is family day and maybe a little more unpacking of boxes from the great remodel.  A few doors need to be put back on their hinges, some touch up paint, curtains hung, etc.

I really enjoyed my day yesterday with the Christmas Quilt-a-long.  Won't you join us next month?  You don't have to make a Christmas quilt but maybe start on some Christmas gifts. There are only 3 Quilt-a-longs left before Christmas.  Sue is a great host and I'm sure your you'll enjoy her company.

Blessings, Cathi

8 comments:

paulette said...

OMGosh this is gorgeous!! What is the name of the pattern and who is the designer!! This is stunning- a perfect Christmas quilt!!
Paulette

QuiltSue said...

I can only reiterate Paulette's questions. I'd love to get my hands on that pattern before the next Quilt-a-long. It would make a great quilt for my sister for Christmas this year.

Cheryl said...

You had a very productive day. I watched your progression. This one is a great pattern for a quick, but lovely quilt. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

It's a beauty!!

Carol said...

It is absolutely wonderful!!!

Sherry said...

This is gorgeous! your doing a great job can't wait to see the rest.

Joanna said...

I love that pattern. It's making a beautiful cover.

Stephanie D said...

I love, love, love this quilt! I'm going to have to go back in your blog again and find the pattern, because I want one of these!!