Don't ask God to make your life easier, ask Him to make you a stronger person.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Christmas Quilt-A-Long Update: 5:30 PM EST

The Star Trip quilt is made of only 4 nine-patch blocks.  It's the way they are put together that makes it so quick and fun but so striking when it is finished.
I have one of each block made so far.  Then I went back and made 4 more of Block A and Block B. 


Five of each block should have been enough to make the baby size quilt.  That was the size I made the last 2 quilts.  After I went back and checked how many pieces I had cut out, I realized that I had cut enough for a lap size!  So back I go to make a lot more blocks.

I'm sure Sue and the others over the pond are about to go to bed now since they are 6 (or 7) hours ahead of me.  Hopefully in the morning they will able to see at least part of the top put together.
 
Blessings, Cathi

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I like what you are doing. I'll check back tomorrow to see how it looks. Is this your pattern? Thanks for stopping by my blog today and all of your comments. I enjoy this qal very much.

Soggibottom said...

I was there :-)
In mind today, I'm afraid to say, I promise to do better next time . Yes we are ahead of you. Our day is closing down. Wow, look at your beautiful blocks. Well done Cathi.
Going to bed now... see you soon :-) x x x