Don't ask God to make your life easier, ask Him to make you a stronger person.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Anita no-blogger . . . . .

I got a delightful package in the mail from Anita no-blogger.  


Anita has been my roommate at all the Quilters of South Carolina (QSC) fall retreats as well as some of the spring meetings for the last 6 years.  She was President for 4 of those years so we stayed in the "Presidential Suite".  That means we had a first floor room in the motel-style accommodations!  She is the one that dragged invited me to join the QSC board 7 years ago. 

She was also the designer of this .........  the Monkey Business bra for the QSC Artful Bra Project.


Anyway, back to the package.  Each summer since they were married, Anita and her husband travel to the beautiful state of Maine in search of just one more quilt shop and the world's best hotdog stand.  She assures me that they have tried just about every hotdog stand in the state.
And all the quilt shops at least 3 times.

Knowing my affinity for all things Christmas, Anita sent this lovely gift from her visit . . . . .


A beachy Christmas card and 4 Christmas fat quarters.  Isn't it adorable?  There weren't any markings on the selvages. Does anyone know who designed this?


I can see this paired with an olive green and turkey red. Maybe made into a Schnibble!

Regardless of what I do with it, she couldn't have sent a nicer gift!  I am so glad that she was thinking of me.  What a great friend!  Thanks, Anita !!

Blessings, Cathi
2022

5 comments:

Kim Brackett said...

I love the Monkey Business Bra. Too cute! And your Christmas fat quarters are really nice. I think I may have a piece from that line -- I'll see if I can find it and let you know if there's a selvage marking.

Anonymous said...

Did I hear SCHNIBBLE? LOL

Carrie P. said...

It is very cute fabric. I have not seen it before. Very nice of her to send you a gift.

QuiltSue said...

The monkey bra is wonderful.

I love the fabrics you were sent, and I immediately thought of red and either green or blue with it. I look forward to seeing what you make with it.

Teresa Marie said...

I love this Christmas fabric! Hope you can find out what line it's from. I'd love to get me some. :)