No, I didn't cheat exactly. I was just so excited to see this one put together that I just went ahead and finished the Between Friends top ahead of schedule.
In the shade
I kind of guessed from Kelly's picture how it should be finished. I guessed wrong but I still like the way it turned out.
In full sun
I made the same 16-patches in the corners that were in the body of the quilt instead of the 9-patches that were shown on the sample. I left my 'piano key' border strips the same length as in the original cutting directions. Then trimmed them down after the whole quilt was put together to fit the 16-patches.
Sorry I jumped the gun, Kelly and Darlene, but this one was just too much fun to stop!
Edit: Yes, I HAD to play with the new Blogger template with this blog, too! I'm liking it more and more.