Don't ask God to make your life easier, ask Him to make you a stronger person.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Love me some wool thread .....

I love handwork. No doubt about it.  I use all kinds of threads ..... perle cotton, cotton thread, silk thread, floss, 'whatever I have in my thread box' thread ...... but I really have fallen in love with wool thread.  Specifically Aurifil wool thread.

I have just added nine new colors to my website in some lighter Spring-like shades that are just wonderful.


Aurifil wool thread is a blend of 50% wool and 50% acrylic.  Acrylic to give it strength and wool just because it is so beautiful.

If you haven't given wool thread a try, maybe now is the time to start! It sews wonderfully whether by hand or machine.

Blessings, Cathi

disclaimer:  I am not endorsing one product over another and am not paid in any way, shape or form to say the things I say.  I just like it!

4 comments:

Karen said...

They look awesome. Yesterday I saw hand dyed wool thread. It was beautiful. The shop I was in is not yet ready to sell it. But I can't wait until she does.

Melanie said...

OK - so you use it like regular sewing thread? As opposed to cotton? I'd love to see it used on a project....

Me and My Stitches said...

I really want to try it - will have to check your site for some darker colors. Thanks for sharing!

Ronnie said...

Is this the Lana thread?