Don't ask God to make your life easier, ask Him to make you a stronger person.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

A midsummer's .... quilt show ......

You thought I was going to say dream, didn't you?

I spent the day with Dear Hubby setting up for a quilt show in Mooresville, NC.  What a distraction from the heat we are having in the Carolinas.  100° today and the same for tomorrow.  So what better way to cool down than to view some beautiful quilts and shop one of the 11 vendors that are there.

Of course, wool should be on the top of your list.  As I mentioned yesterday, there are only 5 months until Christmas and you REALLY need to start your Christmas projects, decorations and gifts!

Among the new things in the booth this month .....

the new "hot of the presses" copy of Primitive Quilts and Projects.  They all came in the mail Tuesday!


Also, just added last week is this quarters copy of the Wool Street Journal.  $9.99 each.


The Wool Street Journal is geared mostly for rug hookers but they have started adding other projects like wool applique, dye recipes for those that like to dye their own wool, and little stories.  $11.00 each.

And if you need to convince Hubby to come with you, tell him that Mooresville/ Huntersville area is home to 80% of the NASCAR teams including Penske, Hendrick and Earnhardt Racing.  Most of the shops offer tours.

Another REALLY fun side trip in Mooresville is the Memory Lane Museum located at 769 River Highway.  Dear Hubby and I went through this one.  Cars as old as the early 1900's, race cars, midget race cars, old bicycles, an old still (after all, NASCAR is built on old moonshine!), cars that movie studios have borrowed for old-style movies.  Even I enjoyed it and I am NOT a car proficionado! 


A little something for everyone!

Blessings, Cathi

2 comments:

My Colonial Home said...

Wow, my husband would love that museum.
Wool and 100 degree temps just don't work well together unless you are in really good cold air con. rooms! lol
Karen

Jocelyn said...

I just bought the previous issue of Primitive Quilts at JoAnn's the other day. I noticed that the pull date is today! July 27th :-) Glad I was able to grab a copy.