Don't ask God to make your life easier, ask Him to make you a stronger person.

Friday, March 2, 2012

The front doors of Charleston, SC . . . . .

If you have never been to Charleston, South Carolina, it is a MUST for your bucket list.  There are just too many things to list as to why you need to visit.

One of my favorite things to do is just walk the streets looking at the AMAZING architecture.  I arrived at the show early to take a morning stroll through some of the side streets.  

A quirky little thing Charleston has is the front door before the front door.


There are front doors to the front porch everywhere.


Some have just beautiful courtyards just behind the wall. . . . 


Some have beautiful, refinished doors . . . . .


And then there are the staircases that lead to front doors . . . . .



And some beautiful old churches with some more great front doors . . . . .


The church below was built in 1836 - 25 years before the War Between the States - and it survived.


With this above the front door . . . . .


Some front doors were more uhmmmm, neglected than others . . . .


I hope you enjoyed just one little corner of historic Charleston.  This was just a 3 block area.  When you get here, bring your most comfortable walking shoes!

Tomorrow . . . . the quilts at the quilt show . . . . .

Blessings, Cathi

7 comments:

Me and My Stitches said...

Thanks for the tour! Would love to visit there sometime. Hope you have a great time at the show!

Lynn said...

How lucky you're there, that's on my one day list too. Have fun!

Karen said...

I, too, love the entryways in Charleston. Those doors to the side porches have intrigued me. Wish I were there.

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

So beautiful Cathi! Doors before doors, eh? Weird concept but it looked so neat in the pictures.

Enjoy your weekend (and the food!) =]

My Colonial Home said...

Evening Cathi,
This is one of the things I've wanted to do FOREVER!
We've made plans but seems it was always in Sept., Oct., Nov. and wouldn't you know...a Hurricane would go through. Needless to say we stopped PLANNING ...and we will sneak up on it when we do go...lol
BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS....thanks for sharing.
Karen

Libby said...

I would LOVE to visit . . . . perhaps a personal tour *s* The doors are quite interesting, but I'm sort of drawn to that neglected door.

Carrie P. said...

I have been to Charleston once when my kids were little. I hope to go in May for visit.