Sinta and Sherri have thrown down the gauntlet again. Besides the new LePetit (a year of small projects), they have challenged us to cover up those less-than-beautiful ironing boards. Here is mine . . . . .
The beautiful BEFORE picture
With the hole that was all the way through to the foam underneath . . . . .
Here is the base. I received this board as a "gift" from my college roommate. ie: she didn't want to take it home when she graduated so she left it for me. And that was over 32 years ago!!!
I fused the hole shut over the foam . . . . .
Added another layer of batting on top of the old cover and foam . . . . .
And added one of my favorite Waverly home dec fabrics on top with a drawstring to keep it in place . . . . This whole project cost me $ 0.00 and 2 hours of time. What a deal !!
I had intended to spray paint the legs and add some new rubber feet. But I figured I had spent enough time on this project that day and would get back to it later. You know how that goes.
If you would like to join the Great Coverup, you have until Friday to get yours covered up and tell Sinta or Sherri. No problem . . . . . you can do it !!