Don't ask God to make your life easier, ask Him to make you a stronger person.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

I just couldn't wait . . . . .

No, I didn't cheat exactly.  I was just so excited to see this one put together that I just went ahead and finished the Between Friends top ahead of schedule.

In the shade

I kind of guessed from Kelly's picture how it should be finished.  I guessed wrong but I still like the way it turned out.

In full sun

I made the same 16-patches in the corners that were in the body of the quilt instead of the 9-patches that were shown on the sample.  I left my 'piano key' border strips the same length as in the original cutting directions.  Then trimmed them down after the whole quilt was put together to fit the 16-patches.

Sorry I jumped the gun, Kelly and Darlene, but this one was just too much fun to stop!

Blessings, Cathi

Edit: Yes, I HAD to play with the new Blogger template with this blog, too!  I'm liking it more and more. 

15 comments:

Terry said...

Your quilt looks fabulous! I love it in those darker colors!! :0)

Lori said...

I love the fabric you used for this top!! And the border is wonderful!!

Darlene said...

Don't apologize for jumping the gun - my goodness, it's fabulous, Cathi. I love it! I'm really glad that you were too excited to stop. LOL

Béa said...

I really love your choice of dark colours, wonderful !
Hugs from France.

Carol said...

OMG Cathi it's wonderful...you did a fantastic job...I LOVE it!

Lynn said...

Beautiful quilt! Set on point - that's what I need to try. The colors are beautiful, interesting how taking the picture in different light makes it look like 2 different quilts.

Deb said...

Your quilt came out fantastic. I just love the scrappiness of it! I don't blame you for not wanting to stop until it was done.

Sharon said...

It turned out beautiful! And love how you made it your own...inspiring me to get mine done, but not sure when I will get any sewing time...maybe Saturday!

carol fun said...

What a beautiful quilt - I love your choice of fabrics. I just picked up 2 charm packs and background fabric to make this project. Seeing yours makes me want to start sewing now -- too bad family obligations have to be met first. Thanks for the inspiration.

Kate said...

Your quilt looks great! I can't wait to sew my blocks together- first I have to go to jury duty tomorrow, then host a family picnic on Saturday but on Sunday- watch out! the sewing machine will be humming!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh, it's SO Pretty! I just love it! And, I'd probably have jumped the gun, too! Fabulous work girl - just fabulous!

pinsandneedles said...

Love your quilt! It has been fun seeing all the different ways the quilt looks with so many different colors/fabrics. I am have so much fun doing the quilt along!

Ulla said...

It may be different but it still is lovely!

Lauralee @ The Eclectic Stitcher said...

Beautiful quilt ~ love the piano keys border!!!

Unknown said...

Love your colors, I jumped the gun also by looking but waited for the instruction.